Saturday, December 24, 2011

Look out, Leonidas.... we've conquered ancient Greece!

Wheewww. Finally a moment to breathe and reflect on the awesome job our students did conquering ancient Greece. From the moment we divided the kids into teams and told them their topics, they embarked on a conquest that led to their showing off their work on Tuesday, December 20th, in the cafeteria at the ancient Greece EXPO. Each of our houses set up exhibits filled with everything from baklava to shot puts to parthenons and proceeded to tell all comers everything they knew about their topic. (And sometimes the topics of others in their house!) I was a little surprised, but very pleased by the number of people who came in support of the students' academics. Even some people from Grafton who were there for the basketball game came in and looked around. When Mr. Shaffer introduced himself, they asked him if the kids were AP students doing this exhibit! Wow! The kids really exceeded anything we could've imagined when we first envisioned "It's All Greek to Me."

2 comments:

  1. What I liked was that the students didn't want to let me leave... they kept wanting to tell me more and more about their topics! I guess they had prepared so well that they wanted to let me know it! :-) I had a great time visiting the exhibits.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Joetta, for being a part of our EXPO!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.