As April explain in the previous post, we have but a great deal of emphasis on student voice in our classroom. Then, based upon the wants of our students we restructured our delivery of instruction. The results were amazing final products! How creative our students can be with simple cardboard! They were so proud of their work that they called the newspaper themselves and asked them to come and do a story on their projects!




I think it is awesome that they were so proud of their final product that they called the paper themselves. Way to go!
ReplyDeleteI was shocked when they told me that they did that! Hopefully their public speaking skills with all the presentations are part of the reason that they were confident enough to do this!
ReplyDeleteKristen,
ReplyDeleteThis is definitely what I was hoping for when we embarked on this journey!!! I'm hopeful we all can work together to continue this transformation. I appreciate all you and April have done to make this tranformation work!
I am very excited to work with these Freshmen in the coming years! Hopefully, Debbie and I will have as much fun and success with the students in our Alg 2/ Geometry class!
ReplyDeleteI've noticed that no matter what grade the students are in, many of them enjoy having their work showcased.
ReplyDelete