The Few. The Proud. The Marines is definitely a phrase that the Marines can own! We were impressed the whole time we were at Parris Island!! What an eye opening experience! It totally changed the way I view the military. They lead by example and never ask the recruits to do something that their superior wouldn't do. Isn't this an interesting concept? What if everytime we gave the kids an assignment to write a 5 page essay, we sat down and did it with them? They instil values and morals in their recruits. The drill instructor has the job of doing this. For me, when I heard the role of a drill instructor, I imagined the D.I. on the movie Full metal jacket. An actual D.I. is so far from this. They are really just amped up teachers! If you can get past the harshness and loudness of their voice, their words are quite moving. They let the new recruits know that they will never give up on them and even when they are ready to give the D.I. won't. We have lots of great stuff to share with everyone, along with videos and pictures but here's a link to a news broadcast that was done on our group. If you look close you can see us in our formation =)
http://your4state.com/fulltext?nxd_id=247322
http://your4state.com/fulltext?nxd_id=247322
I saw Tommy and B.J. and maybe you, Kristin. Were you wearing pink shorts? Maybe saw Alex in the background grass of the rope swing shot.
ReplyDeleteYep Bright pink =)
ReplyDeleteI hear that there's a possibility the Marines might come to NM at the beginning of next year. I want to know moreabout this!
ReplyDeleteYep! I'll get you up to speed tomorrow! I want you and MAM to help plan and anyone else that's interested =)
ReplyDelete